Our Client: Mortgage loan consultant with 2,500 employees wanted to save money/reduce claims within their medical plan.
- Employees did not understand how the Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) worked.
- Confused by all the insurance jargon during open enrollment.
- Low attendance at the O.E meetings since EES thought the meeting was boring.
- 70% enrolled on the PPO plan as EES perceived this was the best medical plan (it was the most expensive plan).
- 11% enrollment on the CDHP plan
- Implemented interactive decision support tool that helped with plan selection and benefits explanation;
- Open enrollment presentations were created using on demand presentation video to share the presentation to their spouse;
- Created one page simple document with examples to outline how the CDHP and H.S.A works.
- CDHP enrollment increased from 11% to 43%.
- Plan savings due to CDHP migration $435K.